ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS INTO LOCAL UNIVERSITIES
NTU, NUS, SMU, SUTD, SUSS and SIT will select applicants based on their grades in:
- 3 H2 and 1 H1 content-based subjects (at least one of which must be a contrasting subject)
- General Paper (GP)
- Project Work (PW)
Applicants should also meet the Mother Tongue Language (MTL) requirement for admission by having one of the following:
- a minimum of D7 for the higher MTL paper taken at the GCE O-Level examination.
- a minimum of ‘S’ grade for the H1 MTL paper or General Studies in Chinese.
- a minimum of 'S' grade for the H2 MTLL paper taken at the GCE A-Level Examination.
- a pass in the MT 'B' Syllabus paper at the GCE A-Level Examination.
If a candidate is exempted from MTL, as approved by MOE, the MOE-approved subject-in-lieu will be considered as the MTL subject.
Candidates who are unable to fulfil the MTL requirement for admission but satisfy all other admission requirements will be admitted on a provisional basis. During their course of study, they will be required to attend the MTL course conducted by the University or attain the minimum requirement as listed above by retaking the MTL paper at the GCE A-Level Examination before they are allowed to graduate.
Besides their examination results, the universities may also consider students’ achievement in other areas, such as Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) and Values-in-Action (VIA) Programme, as reflected in their School Graduation Certificate (SGC).
For more information on the Indicative Grade Profiles for the different local universities for AY2021/2022 Admissions Exercise, please refer to our Prospectus pages 13-41.